OpenCBS is an open-source MIS for microfinance companies.
It is built around a robust core extensible through plugins. The core includes user and client management, loan schedule generation, loan tracking, repayment management, savings tracking, reporting.
It can be easily integrated with external agents like accounting software, POS terminals, web services, etc.
The OpenCBS team believes that open source aligns perfectly well with the ideas and goals of microfinance, that is, bring affordable financial services to the underprivileged. Thus we rely on low total cost of ownership and our local partners, representatives, value-added resellers, and third-party developers to spread the word and move the project forward.
- User and password management
- Client registration
- Additional client and loan data tracking through custom fields and extensions
- Flexible schedule generation with adjustable interest rates, maturity, grace period, fees, and more
- Flat, declining balance, and annuity schedules
- Exotic schedules
- Loan registration → credit committee → disbursement
- Daily penalty and interest accrual
- Early and late payments
- Rescheduling, manual edits, line of credit
- 40 standard reports
- Unlimited number of custom reports
- Custom loan agreements, cash receipts, and other internal forms
- Raw data extracts to Excel
Avec le guide d'utilisation (malheureusement seulement en anglais) ce petit bijou est vraiment très très facile à mettre en place et à utiliser. En 10 minutes j'ai décaissé mon premier crédit de test!
Hello there. I'm Pavel, the CTO of OpenCBS. I'm one of the prolific contributors to the project ). This review is mostly not about the end product, but more about the process and the team. We've a got an amazing team of smart and young people who love the project and do care about it. They like the open source aspect and the technologies we use. We've got quite an established and smooth development process. Along the way we have picked up a number of best practices like a version control system, peer code review, continuous integration, unit and acceptance testing. We believe that open source goes hand in hand with microfinance and do our best day in day out to deliver a good product.