GnuCOBOL (formerly OpenCOBOL) is a free COBOL compiler. cobc translates COBOL source to executable using intermediate C, designated C compiler and linker.
OpenCOBOL 1.1 became GNU Cobol 1.1 in 2013. Official releases at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnucobol
GnuCOBOL 2.0 is on rc-2 close to release. All versions, old and new, hosted here.
A programmer's guide, by Gary Cutler, and other documentation, is indexed at
OpenCOBOL was written by Keisuke Nishida and Roger While, from 2001 to 2012.
GnuCOBOL is also authored by Simon Sobisch, Sergey Kashyrin, and Ron Norman.
Others listed in AUTHORS.
Copyright 2001-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the FSF; either version 3, or (at your option) any later version.
The libcob run time support source tree is licensed LGPL.
- A nicely complete implementation of COBOL with nearly seamless C integration
- Over 9700 NIST COBOL 85 test suite tests passed, over 500 internal checks
- Direct access to almost all C libraries, and even more with the C++ base
- Compiler built with GNU Autotools, also successfully builds with LLVM clang
- CGI capable and desktop ready, GTK+ screens have been demonstrated
- EXEC SQL preprocessors available for PostgreSQL, Firebird, ODBC, DB2
- REPORT SECTION, SCREEN SECTION, FUNCTION-ID support
- ASCII, EBCDIC, little endian, big endian. A build published for z/OS OMVS/USS
- Compiler messages translated; english, spanish, japanese, more to come
- Almost full support of the COBOL 2014 Compiler Directing Facility feature set
jkrys: I would like your Windows self install exe, info about IDE setup, and any other helpful information you can provide. Thanks a lot.
Dear jkrys, Could you send me the COBOL windows 7 installer ? Thank you