Oolite is a free and open source space trading and combat simulation game where you are the pilot of a spacecraft capable of interstellar travel. Inspired by the classic 8-bit game Elite, it features many similar aspects of gameplay. You can travel to different planetary systems, encounter challenges and embark on missions in a quest for wealth and glory.
Oolite runs on Mac OS X (10.6 or later), Windows (XP or later), and Linux, and does not require the latest hardware except for certain expansion packs. Powered by Objective-C and OpenGL, it is designed as a small game that users can easily pick up, modify and expand.
- First-person, single-player space trading and combat simulation
- Earn money by trading goods, collecting bounty on pirates, or become a pirate yourself!
- Built-in missions and weapons, including missiles and lasers
- Dogfight style combat with ships
- Game customization using simple free text and graphics tools
- Over 500 expansion packs, ranging from minor tweaks to new, giant missions
Be the first to post a review of Oolite!