The project is still active; a new version with many changes is comming soon!
NOTE: The Khronos group made a big shift in describing the OpenGL specification. Starting from OpenGL 4.4, the old .spec files are replaced by .xml which is great news for community, bad news for me and this project as it strongly depends on the old format. Currently I am working on the new version, but there's really a huge change, so please, be patient. I'd also would like to make the licensing clear (probably BSD).
OpenGL4Net is a simple wrapper of OpenGL 4.3 for .NET platform. The main idea of the library is to keep the syntax as close as possible to the C style and on the other hand, provide some overloaded functions that simplifies the development of .NET application.
The library also contains some helper classes to make a development really fast (e.g., class RenderContext for opening the OpenGL context; or class Program for loading, compiling and linking shaders)
- Nicelooking function names (gl.WhateverFunc())
- C-like constant names (GL.WHATEVER_CONSTANT)
- Simple extension testing (gl.Extension.isEXT_abgr or gl.Extension.isSupported("GL_EXT_abgr"))
- A lot of overloads (gl.TexImage2D(GL.TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL.RGBA, 0, "texture.png");)
- Simple context initialization for OpenGL 3 and higher
- Helper classes (shader = new Program("", stringVS, stringPS, stringGS))
- Intellisense OpenGL documentation
- OpenGL 4.3 specification
There are no 2 star reviews.