odt2braille is a Braille extension to OpenOffice.org Writer. odt2braille enables authors to print documents to a Braille embosser and to export documents as Braille files. The Braille output is well-formatted and highly customizable.
- Translate OpenOffice.org Writer documents in various languages to Braille.
- Supported languages are: Arabic, Bulgarian, Tibetan, Welsh, Czech, Danish, Esperanto, Spanish, Estonian, Finnish, Irish, Scottish Gaelic, Modern Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Armenian, Icelandic, Italian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Maltese, Norwegian, Polish, Portugese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovene, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese, German, Greek, Koine Greek, English, French, Dutch, Chinese and a lot of Indian languages (Assamese, Bengali, Khasi, Manipuri, Munda, Old Newari, Santali, Awadhi, Bihari, Braj Bashha, Gondi, Konkani, Kurukh, Marathi, Marwari, Nepali, Pali, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Gujarati, Panjabi, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Dravidian, Tamil, Telugu)
- Contracted or uncontracted Braille.
- Support for multi-language documents.
- Support for 8-dot Braille
- Export the Braille document to a computer file (.brf, .bra or .pef) or emboss the document on a variety of Braille printers.
- Supported printers are: the Interpoint 55 from Interpoint NV, the Everest V2, Basic V2, Everest V3, Basic-D V3 and Basic "Blue Bar" from Index Braille, and the Braillo 200, 400S and 400SR from Braillo Norway AS.
- The Braille-output is highly configurable through user preferences.
- Adjust the Braille layout of most common document units: paragraphs, headings, lists, tables, table of contents, list of special symbols.
- Other units are processed as well, but are not configurable: textboxes, captions, images (descriptions), footnotes, endnoted, bibliographies, ...
- Determine how pages are numbered.
- Translate formula's into Braille math (Nemeth, UK maths, Marburg or Woluwe math).
- Automatic generation of some preliminary pages: a title page, a list of special symbols, a transcriber's notes page and a table of contents.
- Split Braille documents into multiple volumes.
- Transcribe according to formal Braille rules (BANA, ...).
- Save Braille settings.
- Insert Braille characters directly with the 6 key entry mode (keys S, D, F, J, K and L).
- Users are notified in time of structure problems that could lead to unwanted artifacts in the Braille output.
- Hyphenation dictionaries for automatic breaking of words (supported languages are: German, Dutch, US-English, UK-English, Spanish, French, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Irish, Hungarian, Croatian, Czech and Icelandic)
- Preview the Braille output before embossing.
- Localised in 12 languages: English, Dutch, French, Catalan, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Slovenian, German, Swedish and Norwegian (Bokmål)
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
There are no 1 star reviews.