OCaPy is a scientific and engineering calculator for PC implementing the well-known reverse polish notation (RPN) available on Hewlett-Packard calculators. Ocapy stands for an “Original Calculator in Python”. The main features are: RPN (reverse polish notation) like most glorious HP calculators, optimized use of a totally reconfigurable keyboard and very limited use of the mouse, selectable accuracy using a multiple-precision math library, handling of experimental figures and automatic error propagation calculation, plotter, programmable, HP like SOLVER and HP like MES (Multiple Equations Solver).
From version 0.600, Ocapy also support symbolic (algebraic) objects and calculation.
Visit the OCaPy RPN Calculator Web Site bellow for more explanations and advanced tutorial documentation.
- RPN (Reverse Polish Notation) like Hewlett Packard calculators.
- Computer Algebra System for symbolic calculation.
- Graph: function(s) plotter, scattered data plotters.
- Support for real, complex, matrix, sequence, name, HP RPN like program ...
- HP like SOLVE & Multiple Equations Solver (MES)
- Reconfigurable keyboard suitable for any desktop or laptop keyboard layout.
- Multiple (virtually unlimited) precision calculation.
- Experimental real values with automatic error propagation.
- Numeric integration
- Extensible in python programming language