NOTE: Please visit our website for downloads.
Open Broadcaster Software is free and open source software for the purposes of streaming live media content to the internet or to video files. Originally I made Open Broadcaster Software for myself because I thought "why should I pay a subscription for software I could probably write?" And so, I did and Open Broadcaster Software evolved into somewhat of a monster of a project. That's pretty much the Open Broadcaster Software story.
I hope people can make use of Open Broadcaster or learn something from it. I know I'm having a ton of fun writing Open Broadcaster and am learning much in the process. Overall it's been an excellent experience.
This project is free and licensed under the GNU General Public License v2.
- Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC.
- Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVENC.
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources.
- Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, DailyMotion, Hitbox and more.
- File output to MP4 or FLV.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming.
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc).
- Windows 8 high speed monitor capture support.
- Bilinear or lanczos3 resampling.
Absolutely horrendous, will not work at all with full screen games, will not stream properly for windowed games, does not link up with your stream comments, and is not user friendly whatsoever. Absolutely terrible piece of crap I've wasted far too many hours trying to get it to work. I guess they updated it to be more of a pain than it was, because none of those videos showing you how to get it going work at all.
Does not work on Windows XP as it uses DirectX 10. Thus is NOT a replacement for Xsplit :c
libfaac needs patent royalty license even free softwares. Did you conclude AAC license ?