NOTE: Please visit our website for downloads.
Open Broadcaster Software is free and open source software for the purposes of streaming live media content to the internet or to video files. Originally I made Open Broadcaster Software for myself because I thought "why should I pay a subscription for software I could probably write?" And so, I did and Open Broadcaster Software evolved into somewhat of a monster of a project. That's pretty much the Open Broadcaster Software story.
I hope people can make use of Open Broadcaster or learn something from it. I know I'm having a ton of fun writing Open Broadcaster and am learning much in the process. Overall it's been an excellent experience.
This project is free and licensed under the GNU General Public License v2.
- Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC.
- Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVENC.
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources.
- Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, DailyMotion, Hitbox and more.
- File output to MP4 or FLV.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming.
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc).
- Windows 8 high speed monitor capture support.
- Bilinear or lanczos3 resampling.
Make sure to check out the latest version of OBS and OBS-Studio. Sourceforge has only very old sources. The screenshot is also outdated.
The learning curve is a bit steep but a short 5-minute tutorial on YouTube got me ready with everything I needed to know. I used to use BB Flashback Express before I found OBS, and OBS is definitely more full-featured, albeit slightly less user-friendly.
It's a great screen recorder, it includes everything i need. With the right settings you have a better programm than Fraps or DxTory. The files are very small and fast to render (XMedia Recode) and upload. When you want a free programm you need THIS. Knollee