A contemporary Wavefront OBJ Loader written in C++11. It intends to provide a maximum of usability by exposing the contents of an OBJ with an easy to use and complete interface.
The library provides means to convert geometry from non-indexed to indexed geometry so developers can leverage respective OpenGL draw calls.
Data can be rearranged programmatically into various formats that best suits the developers need, e.g. customizable packed and interleaved representations.
Error handling is done internally using exceptions and reporting is customizable and extensive.
- Works with core OpenGL 3.0+
- Support for points, lines and triangles
- Conversion from non-indexed to indexed geometry
- Very fast loading of large models
- Error tolerant, with expressive reporting and clear indications as to what and where the problem is
- A simple viewer using the library is included
- Works on Linux and Windows - 32- and 64-bits