Npackd is a free Windows package manager that also serves as an installer and app store for Windows apps. With Npackd you can find and install software in minutes with absolutely no adware or other distractions. Apart from finding and installing software, it can keep your system updated and uninstall apps when no longer necessary. Installing and uninstalling apps is completely automated (silent or unattended installation and un-installation), making app management a breeze.
- synchronizes information about installed programs with the control panel "Add or remove software" and MSI package database. Allow uninstallation of those packages.
- support for proxies (use the internet settings control panel to configure it)
- password protected pages. This can be used to restrict access to your repository.
- fast installation and uninstallation without user interaction. A typical application is installed and uninstalled in seconds (downloading the package is the most lengthy operation)
- shortcuts in the start menu are automatically created/deleted
- multiple program versions can be installed side-by-side
- cryptographic checksum for packages (SHA1 and SHA-256)
- prevents uninstallation of running programs
Be the first to post a review of Npackd!