Don HO
2012-10-09
2015-05-04
1 2 3 .. 8 > >> (Page 1 of 8)
  • Don HO

Don HO - 2012-10-09

v6.2 just came out (with UDL2):
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/news/notepad-6.2-release-udl2.html

Thank Loreia ( Ivan Radic) for the UDL2, and cchris (Christian Cuvier) for the number enhancement and multi-part keyword in UDL2.

Don

• R Massey

R Massey - 2012-10-10

I'm not sure if this is a bug that started with 6.2, but the last 4 lines of global styles in stylers.xml aren't available when you select Settings > Style Configurator.  Even If I manually edit stylers.xml, the colors are ignored (I was trying to change "Inactive tabs".

If I move the last 4 lines to the beginning of the GlobalStyles section, they become visible (and the changes work), but then the new last 4 lines are no longer available.

Robert

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-10-10

Hi Robert,

yes, this is a regression introduced with UDL2 changes.
    There is a number of problems with overlapping style IDs. I am already working on it. New version should remove a number of problems with styles.

Give me a day or two to test the new code before releasing new version.

BR
    Loreia

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-10-10

Also,

as it was pointed out, documentation site is a bit outdated.
    It was created for beta testing cycle, and rarely updated.

Just to let everyone know, I am working on new documentation site. Current one is only temporary.
    All limitations mentioned in documentation were removed in final version. Other than that, information in documentation site should be accurate.

BR,
    Loreia

• R Massey

R Massey - 2012-10-10

No worries!  My workaround (manually moving the style lines) seems to be working okay for the styles I need to change.  And UDL2 looks to be very cool.

• reaper davidian

reaper davidian - 2012-10-10

Hello there,

I would like to ask you if there's an SRS document available for this release.
    If not, I would like to contribute by making one as a project for my university class "Introduction to Software Engineering".

Thanks in advance,
    Yannis K.

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-10-10

Hi Yannis,

I had to google "SRS document" :-)
    No, there is no such thing. If you wish to make one for your class, go ahead.

You will have to figure out most things on your own as lime is very limited, but if you have any questions you may post them here.

BR,
    Loreia

• reaper davidian

reaper davidian - 2012-12-18

Dear Loreia,
      About the "SRS document", could we communicate in person so that I won't spam the forum? my mail is (one word) machine head davidian AT hotmail dot com
      Best Regards,
      Yannis K.

• Johan Javinder

Johan Javinder - 2012-10-10

One thing i miss, is to use an operator sign as a folder closing.

BR
    Johan

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-10-10

Hi Johan,

can you give an example for using operator sign as folder closing?

BR
    Loreia

• reaper davidian

reaper davidian - 2012-10-11

All right then,
    In case others wonder too,  SRS stands for Software requirements specification..It is a document describing the now obvious.
    I hope it will not take me more than a week to complete. I'll communicate for further help(if needed) and sharing information.
    BR
    Yannis

• Bernhard Ege

Bernhard Ege - 2012-10-11

Context menu is not added on Windows Server 2008 R2. The old 5.9.8 still does, though, and as such, I have reverted (the best feature of Notepad++ ;-) ).

• Ices Eyes

Ices Eyes - 2012-10-11

There is a bug since some version now, with the translation of the tabs for the search dialog. Step to reproduce:
    - open notepad++
    - press ctrl+shift+f
    -> no translation for the tabs, that appears in english.All works if you open the dialog via ctrl+f or ctrl+h, or if you previously open the dialog and then use the crtl+shift+f shortcut ;)

• Jan Schreiber

Jan Schreiber - 2012-10-11

@ices_eyes: I confirm this issue.

On an unrelated note, I'm having trouble opening a large (20,000 lines) XML file with version 6.2. It takes forever to open so I have to force-quit Notepad++. (The file in question can be downloaded here.)

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-10-11

ha ha ha, I selected a wrong link. That is some weird toilet humor from a friend of mine, in case you wonder :-))
    Admins, please delete last post.

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-10-11

Hi,

I can't reproduce translation issue.
    I switched to German localization, and did ctrl+shift+f.
    Here is my result:

Can you share a screenshot?

BR
    Loreia

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-10-11

Hi Jan,

that file opens instantly on my system.
    Can you try with plugins disabled?

BR
    Loreia

• Don HO

Don HO - 2012-10-12

Loreia,

LOL Very cute penis ;)

Don

• Don HO

Don HO - 2012-10-12

@janschreiber :

Which link should I click to download the file?

Don

• Jan Schreiber

Jan Schreiber - 2012-10-12

@ Loreia/Don
    Hm, the problem with the large XML file isn't reproducible anymore. I renamed the plugins folder and opened it: it opened in no time at all. Strangely, even after renaming the plugins folder back to "plugins" and restarting Notepad++, the file still opened quickly. Some kind of temporary hiccup apparently.

• Jan Schreiber

Jan Schreiber - 2012-10-12

@ices_eyes/Loreia:
    Here is a screenshot.

• oh-nice

oh-nice - 2012-10-12

I update with N++6.2minimalist.7z and get the same behavior as Jan did for the Find in Files.
    If i close n++, open it again and click the buttons are all fine.

• fec

fec - 2012-10-12

UDL 2 is brilliant! I use syntax highlights for wrinting, and these new features are sublime! Thanks!

I experimented an issue:
        1. Open UDL Dialog.
        2. Open styler (any)
        3. Change only font or font size (or both)
        4. Close the styler's dialog using the red cross
        5. Npp†

Only plugin manager installed:

• Byzod

Byzod - 2012-10-14

The language definition window is too long that can't be displayed wholly on my laptop, it's also inconsistent on my PC
    What's worse, it's tool window which can not be resized

Could you please make it resizable or add a scrollbar? Or at lease make it wider, shorter.

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-10-14

Hi feq,

thanks for reporting.
    That is a strange issue. UDL doesn't even catch WM_CLOSE, it lets default processing of that message.
    Anyway, I tried to solve the issue, but even after spending entire day working on it, I still have no solution. So for now, I will just disable that option and move on to more important issues. Same functionality is available through "cancel" button.

Hi byzod ,

Sorry about slow reply, I hope you discovered "Dock" button by now.
    GUI will be rewritten in the future, for now just use docking feature.

BR
    Loreia

1 2 3 .. 8 > >> (Page 1 of 8)