NetSeer is a Windows based (XP, 7, 2000 - 2008) network traffic visualization tool. NetSeer listens for traffic, renders connections in treeview and in a graphic radar screen in the right pane.
- Renders connections by protocol in treeview in left pane.
- Renders connections in a "live radar" screen in right pane.
- You can also edit the wkports.xml file to add more protocols, and change settings such as ignore. For example, it is a good idea to "ignore" high traffic protocols such as RDP or SSH. If you set a protocol to ignore, you will see the packet count but NetSeer will not render the connection in the live radar pane.
- Netseer attempts to log traffic to an HTML file. There is support for other file formats as well.
- NetSeer will put itself in the Windows Tray when you "close" it. To fully exit, you should right-click and select Exit to kill the process.
- Peek into the contents of a packet - useful for clear text protocols.
- RUN NetSeer as ADMINISTRATOR on Win7, Vista, or 2008 or higher. This is very important.
Be the first to post a review of NetSeer!