This program was designed mainly for preconditioning and analysis of electrophysiological data, including patch-clamp and 2-electrode voltage clamp recordings. The program includes tools both for basic analysis of whole-cell recordings or analysis of single channel properties. Program can display and analyse long traces incuding many sweeps, series and even groups simultaneously. Current amplitudes or time intervals are easily measured. Single channel conductance, kinetics, NPo, as well as number of channels in a patch and their open probability may be estimated with the analysis of dwelling time at each conductance level. The program directly reads files, created by Pulse and PatchMaster software (HEKA Elektronik Dr. Schulze GmbH) as well as ASCII files.
However, the program may be useful in various applications when editing and measurements in a 2-dimentional (for example time-current) wave are required.
- Completely supports latest versions of PatchMaster and Pulse software, but may open also text files.
- Can Display and analyse a complete trace with several series or even groups of Pulse (Patch-Master) recording at once.
- Easy correction of drifting baseline and efficient data filtering, removal of spikes and artifacts
- Easy measurements of current amplitudes and time intervals as well as mean current over selected time interval
- Analysis of single channel kinetics, fitting of open/closed dwelling times with exponential or hyper-exponential distributions
- Detection of events, measurement of NPo, estimation of N (number of channels in a patch) and open probability based on analysis of binomial distribution
- Saves modified traces, binned current histograms and fitting results as .csv files.
- Unique algorithm of the analysis of completely resolved events allows accurate measurement of single current amplitude of very fast channels
- Built-in calculator with a large stack where results of the measurements can be automatically sent
- Using "copy as table" function, results from notebook can be easily sent to any table processors
- Friendly user interface and easy learning
- Go to Wiki to open complete user's guide and find out all features
This software is an example of a pure excellence. I really think that Nest-o-patch is a must-have programm for all patch-clampers of the present and future. I also appreciate the customer support and will recommend Nest-o-patch to everyone in the field of electrophysiology. Hope, that the development of this project will be continued and new versions will be released.