Visit NAPS2's home page at www.naps2.com.
NAPS2 is a document scanning application with a focus on simplicity and ease of use. Scan your documents from WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners, organize the pages as you like, and save them as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and other file formats. Requires .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.
NAPS2 is currently available in over 20 different languages. Want to see NAPS2 in your preferred language? Help translate! See the wiki for more details.
This is a fork of the NAPS project with many improvements.
- Scan documents using WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners
- Scan as many pages as you like from glass or ADF, including duplex support
- Rotate, crop, and rearrange scanned pages
- Save as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, or other file formats
- Directly email PDFs
- Use OCR to make PDFs searchable
- Configure brightness, contrast, resolution, and other scan options
- Save your configurations as profiles to be easily reused later
- Optional command-line interface (CLI) for automation and scripting
- MSI installer and application-level configuration available for group policy (GPO) deployment
- Portable archives available
- Translations: English, Català, Čeština, Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Hrvatski, Italiano, Magyar, Nederlands, Polski, Português, Русский язык, Shqip, Svenska, Türkçe, Українська, 台語 台灣話, עברית
- Small download (1.4MB)
There are some good features in NAPS2 like unlimited page scanning, duplexing, and will do color, and will scan in OCR (or so it says, didn't try that one). However, their are some downfalls too. They need to take a lesson from paperscanfree Edition 18.104.22.168. It also does color, but when you select Acquire, it lets you scan from the glass, or document feeder. You do not have to go change your profile every time you get ready to scan something. Moreover, it has many other tools on the tool bar. For instance it will let you crop from the tool bar, and you can print without saving, or you can save it to the exact place you want. I think if NAPS2 would add the good features of PaperScanFreeEdition, I would rate them excellent.
Not compatible with B5.