Visit NAPS2's home page at www.naps2.com.
NAPS2 is a document scanning application with a focus on simplicity and ease of use. Scan your documents from WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners, organize the pages as you like, and save them as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and other file formats. Requires .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.
NAPS2 is currently available in over 30 different languages. Want to see NAPS2 in your preferred language? Help translate! See the wiki for more details.
This is a fork of the NAPS project with many improvements.
- Scan documents using WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners
- Scan as many pages as you like from glass or ADF, including duplex support
- Rotate, crop, and rearrange scanned pages
- Save as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, or other file formats
- Directly email PDFs
- Use OCR to make PDFs searchable
- Configure brightness, contrast, resolution, and other scan options
- Save your configurations as profiles to be easily reused later
- Optional command-line interface (CLI) for automation and scripting
- MSI installer and application-level configuration available for group policy (GPO) deployment
- Portable archives available
- Translations: English, Bokmål, Català, Čeština, Dansk, Deutsch, Eesti keel, Español, Français, Hrvatski, Italiano, Lietuvių kalba, Limba Română, Magyar, Nederlands, Polski, Português, Shqip, Slovenčina, Srpski, Suomi, Svenska, Türkçe, Ελληνικά, български, Српски, Українська, עברית, العَرَبِية, فارسى, हिन्दी, 한국어, 台語 台灣話
- Small download (<2MB)
After installing the driver for Agfa Snapscan e25 on my XP machine I installed NAPS2, but when I opened the application and attempted to start a scan I was presented with a dialogue box where I had to select a TWAIN device. When I attempted to do so I received the error message 'Scanning device not found'.