Visit NAPS2's home page at www.naps2.com.
NAPS2 is a document scanning application with a focus on simplicity and ease of use. Scan your documents from WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners, organize the pages as you like, and save them as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and other file formats. Requires .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.
NAPS2 is currently available in over 30 different languages. Want to see NAPS2 in your preferred language? Help translate! See the wiki for more details.
This is a fork of the NAPS project with many improvements.
- Scan documents using WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners
- Scan as many pages as you like from glass or ADF, including duplex support
- Rotate, crop, and rearrange scanned pages
- Save as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, or other file formats
- Directly email PDFs
- Use OCR to make PDFs searchable
- Import, merge, and edit PDFs
- Configure brightness, contrast, resolution, and other scan options
- Save your configurations as profiles to be easily reused later
- Optional command-line interface (CLI) for automation and scripting
- MSI installer and application-level configuration available for group policy (GPO) deployment
- Portable archives available
- Translations: English, Bokmål, Català, Čeština, Dansk, Deutsch, Eesti keel, Español, Français, Hrvatski, Italiano, Lietuvių kalba, Limba Română, Magyar, Nederlands, Polski, Português, Shqip, Slovenčina, Srpski, Suomi, Svenska, Türkçe, Ελληνικά, български, Српски, Українська, עברית, العَرَبِية, فارسى, हिन्दी, 한국어, 台語 台灣話
- Small download (<2MB)
Worked for what I needed it for. Needed to merge pdf documents together.
EXCELLENT PROJECT!! In answer to a couple other reviews, I've built multiple Profiles to use depending on my scan job, i.e., one for text, one for B&W forms, one for PDFs, one for photos, etc.,etc.,etc. Simply select the Profile I want and start to scan. NAPS2 also DOES, IN FACT, import PDFs created from non-NAPS2 sources. It simply asked me to download a separate add-on component which I did. Works flawlessly. For Glass, Feeder, or Duplex I simply select the pre-built Profile I plan to use, Edit the "Paper Source" and go. I suppose I could also build separate Profiles for the different feeds but I haven't found that necessary. Again, EXCELLENT PROJECT! THANKS!!
Fantastic for storing documents. Too many programs scan single pages into PDF, then you need another program to merge the PDF pages which is too much work. This makes it almost a breeze. The addition of "alternate interleave" just made it even simpler! Thank you! Other scan programs give flexibility when scanning images to get better colour resolution etc. Where images are to be in the PDF document, I add them with the JPG merge ability of NAPS2. As to the negative review by nevergetany ... I think most of us who want NAPS2 aren't looking for an all singing all dancing scan program ... I was looking for a scan program that would work for document storage ... that I could add pages to month by month, then merge them all together into a single document at year end. It doesn't advertise itself as an all singing all dancing scan program.
Excellent software. It's a knockout for many paid software.
Excellent free scanning Many features especially bulk scan