myEarth-shock is software to report of Earthquake around the world and display on desktop background image.This software write under python 2.6 and run on Ubuntu Linux 10.04 or later.
- Auto Update Earthquake Image Background on Linux System
- Support python 2.6.x
- Feed earthquake report from http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/
- Update report every 5 minute
- Support image background size 1024 X 768 pixel only
- Update to version 0.0.2 fixbug on time interval
This is small software for linux (ubuntu).It's automatic to change your desktop background to earth map.The display location of last 10 earthquake around the world. And display name of location time stamp , report time of current your time zone. This software is open source under GPL Licens. Use python programming language. System requirement: 1) Python 2.6.5 or 2.7 is default by ubuntu or other linux system 2) Need to manual install "python-feedparser" with comamnd line before > sudo apt-get install python-feedparser