Mumble is an open source, low-latency, high quality voice chat software primarily intended for use while gaming. It includes game linking, so voice from other players comes from the direction of their characters, and has echo cancellation so the sound from your loudspeakers won't be audible to other players.
- High quality, low latency Voice communication
- Efficient server software
- Free and Open Source - no hassle before or after setting up
- Powerful API through Ice middleware - for numerous programming languages
- Positional Audio in games - hear your teammates from the direction they stand in
- In-Application Overlay - see who is listening and talking in-game
In my autostart for over a decade.
Expert en logiciel libre depuis 1999, je recommande Mumble dont les fonctionnalités progressent sans cesse. MonMumbleChez.ovh propose par exemple un service de serveurs Mumble gratuitement ! Merci à la communauté !
Perfect ! I'm running a server of 50 active users (25ish each evening) and it works great ! It's easy to teach people about the use of it, and it always works. Even on pentium III ! No lag, even with a game and a shitty connexion, just perfect. And if one day its really bad connexion, just turn on the force TCP ! Perfect ! It's just a little bit too simple for Admins, I would like a bit more control (see ticket #1164)
Great program. Use it with group for 10 friends, does everything we need. Except a software based method of playing music so we can listen together. Overall well build, and I especially like the performance tuning options.