This is an open source project that aims to create a MSX cartridge that acts as a old disk drive interface but in fact it will be accesing a modern SD Card. For the MSX it will be as if there is a magnetic disk drive with a real magnetic disk but for real it will be accessing a .dsk file inside a sdcard.
Development tools used are:
- Kicad version 2013-07-07
- Microchip XC8 v1.21 (free mode)
- Micrchip MPLAB X IDE v1.90
- Altera´s Quartus Web Edition 11.0
Now it is working and the SVN repositories has it all: Schematics, PCB layout, firmware for the CPLD and the firmware for the MCU. But you have to download by your own the firmware for the 49F010 on the internet.
- It combines the disk interface and a conceptual disk unit in one package. So with just one cartridge and one sdcard you are good to go with your games and apps for msx.
- It abstracts the old disk interface in a much more effcient manner meaning that disk access is faster with this interface.
- Now it is completely functional. In the Circuit SVN branch has the Revision B of the main board which is woking fine.
Be the first to post a review of MSX Disk Interface Emulator!