MuseScore is the leading free & open source music notation software for Windows, Mac and Linux. It is easy to use and makes beautiful sheet music. MuseScore is often praised as a cost effective alternative for Sibelius and Finale.
Support MuseScore at http://musescore.org/en/donate
Like MuseScore on Facebook: http://facebook.com/musescore
- Create beautiful sheet music, fast and easy
- WYSIWYG, notes are entered on virtual page
- Unlimited number of staves & up to four voices per staff
- Easy and fast note entry with mouse, keyboard or MIDI
- Playback with integrated sequencer and FluidSynth software synthesizer
- Import of xml, mxl, md, bww, ove, mgu, sgu, cap, kar
- Export to midi, wav, flac, ogg, pdf, png, ps, svg, ly
- Available for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Translated in 43 languages
W O W
Ready for use! Very practical PDF export and MIDI export features.
Awesome feature set also for classical modern music; incredibly easy to use; an exemplary software, not only in the music notation sector, but in the world of open source software in general
MakeMusic, the producers of Finale, ought to be getting seriously worried; although reviews comparing MuseScore 1.3 to Finale must have been based on comparison to Finale Notepad rather than the full version, with the release of MuseScore 2.0 the comparison is almost fully justified, at any rate as far as notation goes. The integration of Garritan sounds in Finale still puts it way ahead of MuseScore on the midi front, but for composers and music copyists for whom the score is the important thing, MuseScore has now become a serious contender. I have yet to put it through its paces with a really complex score, but don't doubt that it will be up to the job. Until now the industry standard, Finale is soon likely to be left far behind by the fact that MuseScore, as well as being free, is also available for Linux. Although as a long-term fan of Finale I don't really like to say this, I think I can hear the last nails being driven into Finale's coffin.
Just started using it today, and I have three words. I Love It!!