MPJ Express is an implementation of an MPI-like API—standardized by the Java Grande forum—used to write parallel Java applications, which can execute on a variety of parallel platforms ranging from multicore processors to compute clusters/clouds.
- Reference implementation of the mpiJava 1.2 API, which was standardized by the Java Grande Forum.
- Allows writing parallel Java applications using an MPI-like API.
- Parallel MPJ Express programs can execute on a wide range of parallel hardware that includes multicore processors to compute clusters to compute clouds.
- MPJ Express programs can execute on Hadoop clusters using v-0.44
- MPJ Express was first released in September of 2005.
- Many research groups at top international organizations and universities are using MPJ Express to parallelize their scientific applications.
- Distributed under the MIT license
great open source project.
Mpjexpress is great! Thanks.
an portable and optimized API for developing distributed as well as shared memory applications