MorganaXProc is a full implementation of XProc: An XML Pipeline Language (W3C Recommendation 11 May 2010) written in Java, supporting all required and optional steps, the steps proposed on EXProc.org and also the document templating steps "p:in-scope-names" and "p:template".
XPath 2.0 is used as expression language.
XSLT and XQuery are supported out of the box, while a flexible connector mechanism also allows to employ your favorite XSLT and XQuery processors.
The current version is 0.95-10 (public beta). It is very close to the recommendation with all related tests of the XProc Test Suite passed.
- Full support for all required steps and also for all optional steps (with the exception of one option of optional step ‘p:validate-with-relax-ng’).
- Additional steps defined in Document Templating Steps for XProc are implemented as well.
- Uses XPath 2.0 as its expression language.
- Out of the box support for XSLT and XQuery.
- Plug-in support for XSLT 2.0 transformations with an external processor.
- Implementation of all serialization options (except support for XML 1.1).
- Easy to use command line interface and a flexible API. Since 0.95-3 there is also a graphical user interface.
- Highly configurable security manager to protect your system from harmful pipelines.
- Support for a variety of alternative XQuery processors via plug-in mechanism.
- Pluggable file system to read and write different data sources.
- Extensible step library with user defined steps written in Java.
- Useful wrapper mechanism to convert non xml data on the fly into xml documents.
- Free software, released under GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2).
Be the first to post a review of MorganaXProc!