The Moqui Ecosystem is a series of open source components for enterprise applications all built on a common framework (Moqui Framework) written in Java and Groovy. The components include tools that plug in to the framework, business artifacts, and applications.
Some of the popular tool plug ins include ElasticSearch, Apache FOP, Apache Camel, OrientDB, and Hazelcast.
The business artifacts later includes a universal data model (mantle-udm), service library (mantle-usl), reusable screens (SimpleScreens), and integration components for EDI, Authorize.NET, and Shippo.
There are 2 main applications in the ecosystem: POP Commerce ERP and eCommerce for retail and wholesale, and HiveMind Project Management and ERP for service organizations.
NOTE: the code repositories for Moqui Ecosystem are hosted on GitHub at: https://github.com/moqui
- Comprehensive 3-tier enterprise application framework: UI, service/logic, data
- Persistence facade facilitates use of relational data model throughout application instead of requiring object mapping
- API designed around a central object (ExecutionContext) that represents the state of the application and framework tools
- API includes facade interfaces for web, user, messages, l10n, resources (access, execution), logging, cache, transactions, entities, services, and screens
- Database driven authorization configurable for all artifacts (ie entities, services, screens, screen transitions, etc)
- Can run in a JEE application server or just a servlet container (Tomcat, Jetty, anywhere you can deploy a WAR file), and comes OOTB with Atomikos and Winstone for embedded use
- Deploy as a WAR file with external or embedded runtime directory, or run from command line since the war file is also an executable jar file
- Supports REST, JSON-RPC, and XML-RPC service interfaces
- Written mostly in Groovy, and Groovy is the default scripting language (with easy support for adding others)
- FreeMarker is used for transforming XML Screens, Forms and Actions, and is the default template language (with support for easily adding other template engines)
- Data model and service library offering comprehensive ERP/etc functionality
- Easily customizable open source enterprise applications
There are no 4 star reviews.