Mollana is an Urdu Unicode text editor that uses Roman transilteration for easy LTR editing and seemless real-time conversion to unicode urdu text. It internally uses TECkit (Text Encoding Conversion kit) by Jonathan Kew/SIL International and a custom "mapping file" designed specifically for Urdu script, to convert the roman transliterated text to Urdu Unicode text.
- Easy to learn roman transliteration
- No need to "Learn a new Urdu Keyboard"
- Fully unicode compliant for Urdu text
- Synchronized scrolling between the roman input and the unicode output
- Current line highlighting in both panes
- Line numbering for editor pane
- Syntax Highlighting in editor pane for whitespace, haraqat, tashdeed, punctuation, markers, honorifics and ligatures
There are no 3 star reviews.