NOTE: This is a legacy sourceforge project. Please download the software from https://openmpt.org/ instead. The official code repository can now be found at https://source.openmpt.org/browse/openmpt/
OpenMPT is a Windows-based audio application used to produce music. The application was initially a private project developed by Olivier Lapicque and is a popular 'tracker' used by many musicians. OpenMPT is available as both a 32-bit and 64-bit application. For more information and downloads, see https://openmpt.org/
libopenmpt, a cross-platform module playback library, is based on the OpenMPT project. Up-to-date libopenmpt downloads and documentation can be found at https://lib.openmpt.org/
- Native and fast Windows GUI
- VST effects and VST instruments supported, low latency ASIO output
- Support for multiple sequences ("songs") in one file
- Support for custom tunings
- Suitable for live performances: Queue patterns, automate VST parameters using a MIDI keyboard, start and stop your modules with MIDI messages...
- Fully configurable keyboard layout
- True multiple document interface - open many modules at the same time and copy&paste between them!
- Many module formats supported
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions available, including a plugin bridge (64-bit version available from the official website, https://openmpt.org)
- Decimal tempos (e.g. 123.45 BPM)
This SF project has the same name as a library for playing module music. Why not rename the project?