A -quite ambitious- project to create a functional Doom source port in pure Java, trying to keep as close as possible to the original source code while at the same time streamlining it into a more OO and Java-friendly form.
- The first and most functional Doom source port written in pure Java.
- Compatible with the original binary data, registered and commercial IWAD files.DS
- Can load most vanilla Doom PWADs and some Boom ones.
- Some limit removing enhancements implemented.
- Based on the LinuxDoom v1.10 codebase, with Boom and other limit-removing features added.
- Supports high resolutions, keyboard + mouse input.
- Fast screen output and near-native framerates.
- Single- and multi- threaded software renderers for even better performance.
- Truecolor and Hicolor software renderers with extended lighting, giving the classic Doom look a new sheen!
- ZIP and URL resources support. Play PWADs directly off the Internet!
The project is abandoned. You can get the latest version here: www.github.com/AXDOOMER/mochadoom