This is the Mac Linux USB Loader, a tool allowing you to take an ISO of a Linux distribution and make it boot using EFI. It requires a single USB drive formatted as FAT with at least 2 GB free recommended. The application is available in English and is partially translated into Spanish and Traditional Chinese.
The tool is necessary to make certain Linux distributions boot that do not have EFI booting support. Many distributions are adding this with the release of Windows 8, but it has not been finalized and is still nonstandard by most distros.
- Create a live USB stick with a Linux distribution that can boot on Intel Macs natively without requiring rEFIt/rEFInd.
- Download a number of distributions that have booted on Intel Macs in our tests.
- Erase a previously installed Linux distribution on your USB stick, leaving your data intact.
- Non destructive - as long as your USB stick meets the requirements, it does not need to be reformatted.
- Use the compatibility checker that is currently in development to search for potential hardware conflicts in booting Linux.
Be the first to post a review of Mac Linux USB Loader!