MicroLua brings the programming language Lua on the Nintendo DS for easy and fast development of beautiful homebrews!
Based on brunni's µLibrary, µLua is a Lua interpreter featuring fast drawings and many important functionalities. You can exploit your Nintendo DS with the simplistic yet powerful Lua language!
On your cartridge, MicroLua is a NDS executable that shows as its frontend a great graphical shell from which you can explore your cartridge and run Lua scripts written for µLua.
µLua already benefits from an impressive collection of homebrews, from a complete and expandable MicroLua IDE to enjoyable games, produced by an active and helpful community.
- Fast drawing: as MicroLua is based on Brunni's library, the µLibrary, MicroLua provides fast 2D drawing using the 3D GPU. This also includes alpha transparency, and PNG/GIF transparency (as MicroLua can load PNG, JPEG and GIF image formats)
- Even faster drawing: MicroLua also features Canvas, an object-oriented drawing system with high performances while allowing you to change drawing attributes after their creation
- Complete Sprites and Maps systems: with automated animations and dynamic maps, that is to say you can change the map composition through you program
- Wifi and Nifi: this project provides full access to the Web with the Wifi connection of the Nintendo DS, and also to the console-to-console connectivity
- Sound system: based on the Mixmod library, µLua can play MOD and WAV sounds
- Access to FAT: MicroLua gives you full access to the content of your card, and features a built-in library to handle INI-like config files
- Embedded File System (EFS): you can make a special MicroLua version to embed your scripts inside the Lua interpreter
- Rumble and motion features: if you have the required hardwware, you can exploit it thanks to MicroLua to shake your console and make it feel your movements
Be the first to post a review of MicroLua DS!