This project is no longer supported. Use it on your own risk (or not use at all).
Microhex is an intuitive HEX editing application that enables you to view and manipulate binary data for any file in your computer.
Microhex displays the integer column and the characters column, allowing you to add new columns and delete existing ones. Each column can be assigned an unlimited number of linked address bars.
- loading and saving files
- creating new documents from scratch
- editing data
- hex view is highly configurable - you can easily add new columns and remove existing ones
- two predefined type of columns are available: integers column can interpret data as bytes, words, double or quad words, signed or unsigned, little or big endian; characters column interpret data as sequence of characters in one of >30 encodings including various Unicode formats (UTF-16, UF-32, UTF-8)
- each column can have unlimited number of linked address bars displaying absolute or relative to fixed position address
- loading not entire file, but only specified range of bytes
- freezing loaded data size (no operation that changes data size will be allowed)
- loading file in read-only and read-write mode
- loading very large files without memory and time overhead
- files can be loaded into RAM (to keep data safe from changes made by another applications) or file data fill be read only when necessary
- undo and redo operations not limited to state where file was saved (you can undo changes even after you have saved it to disk)
- translation support (English and Russian translations are provided)
- hex view theming (not available via GUI yet)
Be the first to post a review of microhex [discontinued]!