Meson Player is a very convenient music player if you don't need any flashy GUI to control playback or manage playlists. You just run it and then forget about it. The player is running in background. Switching tracks, volume control, loading and saving playlists, all of this performed by using hotkeys. Therefore, you can control the player while working in any application.
Meson Player supports a lot of music file formats (stream and tracker), Internet radio and playlists management.
Windows, OSX and Linux are supported.
1) The default setup file for Windows is i686 version. It can be installed on x86_64 systems without a problem. You may download x86_64 version of Meson Player from "Files" section, but it has less plugins and no system proxy support.
2) Windows XP, Windows Vista and OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) are NOT supported.
- No GUI (except a tray popup menu, but you can hide the tray icon as well)
- Controlled by global hotkeys
- Lots of supported lossy/lossless/tracker music formats
- Can play Internet radio
- Supports CUE sheets and playlists
- Can control system audio volume
- A big variety of options allows to change the app's behavior and appearance
- Last.FM scrobbling
Hi, it would be great a 86x version.
Great player, but changing mods-cmd in Windows 7 does not appear to work--player will not start with that setting enabled in settings.ini.
Great little player, really good sound and straightforward usability without any bloat. The only thing I wish it had is WASAPI support, but even through DirectSound it sounds great.
Nice and simple music player.
good project mesonplayer