Meson Player is a very convenient music player if you don't need any GUI to control playback or manage playlists. You just run it and then forget about it. The player is running in background. Switching tracks, volume control, loading and saving playlists, all of this performed by using hotkeys. Therefore, you can control the player while working in any application.
Meson Player supports a lot of music file formats (stream and tracker), Internet radio and playlists management.
- Windows 10 (1607 build)
- OSX 10.12 Sierra
- Kubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak (only source code for now)
You may try your luck running Meson Player on other OS versions, but Windows XP, Windows Vista and OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) are 100% NOT supported.
NOTE: The default setup file for Windows is 64-bit version. You may download 32-bit version of Meson Player from "Files" section. 32-bit version may be retired in the future.
- No GUI (except a tray popup menu, but you can hide the tray icon as well)
- Controlled by global hotkeys
- Lots of supported lossy/lossless/tracker music formats
- Gapless playback
- Can play Internet radio
- Supports CUE sheets and playlists
- Can control system audio volume
- Can remove tracks to Trash
- A big variety of options allows to change the app's behavior and appearance
- Last.FM scrobbling
Hi, it would be great a 86x version.
Great player, but changing mods-cmd in Windows 7 does not appear to work--player will not start with that setting enabled in settings.ini.
Great little player, really good sound and straightforward usability without any bloat. The only thing I wish it had is WASAPI support, but even through DirectSound it sounds great.
Nice and simple music player.
good project mesonplayer