MaxLauncher is an open source tabbed launcher. Its primary goal is to reduce the amount of time to run a program/file. It is capable of creating multiple configuration files, each of which can have a maximum of 10 tabs. Each tab and button are assigned keys corresponding to a standard keyboard. A user can click on the buttons/tabs or simply press the corresponding key to run the program or file.
- Ability to launch an item (ie. program, folder, or command) in two or three keystrokes
- Favorites bar with 10 configurable buttons each corresponding to F1-F10 keys
- Create up to ten tabs. Each tab consists of 30 configurable buttons for a total of 300 configurable buttons for each file (*.mld). Each tab corresponds to the number 1-0 and the buttons on each tab correspond to the letters/symbols below the number keys
- Data is contained in one text file (*.mld) in XML format
- Multiple files (*.mld) can be created to further group items (eg. work, home, project1, etc.). Simply assign a *.mld file to a button to load.
- Drag and drop support
- Support for international keyboard layouts
- Configurable hotkey to launch the program
- Option to change a program's initial window size and location
- Ability to run multiple instances
- Ability to run in portable mode(eg. on a usb stick or external hard drive)
- Supports custom themes
- Runs on 32 and 64-bit versions
- Visit the website for an updated list ...
An extremely efficient software ! In no time you can create lot of shortcuts and software interaction in 2 or 3 hotkeys. With the "Themes" and "Language" folders' included you can highly personalize this application. At last but not least author is particularly reactive and responsive to the users ! *Portable version* 0.13.0.0 and 0.14.0.0 successfully run on Windows 7 x64 and 8.1 WITHOUT Framework installed. This application would deserve to be better known !
Have been using MADAPPLAUNCHER for years on XP then W7 then W8 and W8.1 Have ditched it for MAXlauncher. Easy to use, configure and light weight. I use it in preference to NEXUS (which I paid for but have dumped) on my HP Envy Windows 8.1 Notebook. It is not the most elegant but it does the job without fuss and drama. Will be installing on my daughters, step daughters W7 laptops as well as my W7 desktop. I am a disabled ex systems manager. I run a couple of basic computing courses and do a lot of repairs etc. Maxlauncher is on my essential software list as from now. Cant wait for future upgrades!