- Handling of posts gated from usenet to a list via the Mail <-> News
gateway is changed. Formerly, no list membership, moderation or
*_these_nonmembers checks were done. Now, if the sender of the usenet
post is a moderated member or a nonmember matching a *_these_nonmembers
filter, those checks will be done and actions applied. Nonmember posts
from senders not matching a *_these_nonmembers filter are still accepted
as before. (LP: #1252575)
- There is a new mm_cfg.py setting ANONYMOUS_LIST_KEEP_HEADERS. Since it
is not possible to know which non-standard headers in a message might
reveal sender information, we now remove all headers from incoming posts
to anonymous lists except those which match regular expressions in this
list. The default setting keeps non X- headers except those known to
reveal sender information, Mailman added X- headers and x-Spam- headers.
See the description in Defaults.py for more information. (LP: #1246039)
- The Japanese message catalog has been updated by SATOH Fumiyasu.
Bug Fixes and other patches
- Added a reopen command to the sample init.d script in misc/mailman.in.
- Fixed a misspelling in Tagger.py causing an "unexpected keyword argument
'Delete'" exception. (LP: #1251495)
- Fixed contrib/qmail-to-mailman.py to work with a user other than
'mailman' and to recognize more listname-* addresses. (LP: #412293)
- Fixed a possible UnicodeDecodeError in bin/sync_members. (LP: #1243343)
- Fixed Makefile to not include $DESTDIR in paths compiled into .pyc
files for traceback purposes. (LP: #1241770)