This project is an attempt to provide a product importer for magento that can handle several thousands of products at a reasonable pace compared to magento dataflow. it may evolve to a dataflow alternative as new features are implemented.
New : Wiki available at : http://wiki.magmi.org
- Very fast , Direct SQL Magento product import
- Automatable through CLI or curl/wget , Web UI available for config & one shot runs
- Very advanced features (flexible csv format support (Dataflow based , subset of it & extensions) , computed values through Value Replacer plugins)
- Handles multiple stores configurations
- Can import configurables , simples , grouped
- Images import (remote & local) through Image Processor Plugin
- Can import "customizable options" through custom options plugin
- Can import tier prices
- Can create categories on the fly based on name / tree description
- Will automatically create select/multiselect option values based on imported data
- Can be integrated in custom PHP scripts through "Datapump API" feature
- Support for bundle & downloadable
Massive tool. Using it for 3 years now. We could not live without it. For a free tool, we got great support as well. Questions are being answered by the author, even if it takes a while. Incredible. If you work with a lot of new articles every season, especially with configurables and singles plus customer group prices, this is what I recommend: GO FOR MAGMI! It might take you a tday or two to get it started and to sort out the hickups (needs UTF8 format >> use MSOffice Calc to make the csv file) - but then, what a relief.
Great project, saved my time ! However, I would like to know how can import same products with a different store view and different language (product name, and short description). Can someone please advise me !?
What a great Project!
This is for me a verry nice program! I am a oldie who can do much with Excel. And I use Excel in combination with Magmi: one word supreme!! Thanx!!
Using Magmi 0.7.19 with magento 188.8.131.52, works excellent! Importing 4000 records for update stock qty in less than 50 seconds. Perfect!