Mac OS X Transformation Pack. Macbuntu is an open-source program, designed to transform Linux’s appearance and layout into a Mac OS X environment. Although Macbuntu is dedicated to Ubuntu Linux OS, it could be used in other OS based on Debian/GTK
- Attention: Script significantly changes the desktop.
- Attention: Not compatible with Ubuntu Netbook Edition
- Attention: The Global Menu does not current work correctly for all applications. This is a known issue.
- Paw-OSX and Paw-Ubuntu Plymouth themes
- Macbuntu sound theme
- Macbuntu GTK theme based on GTK Leopard
- Macbuntu-Icons based on Mac4Lin and Faenza Icons
- Macbuntu-Cursors based on Shere Khan X
- Mac OS X backgrounds and fonts
- Compiz Extras, Global Menu, Docky, Ubuntu-Tweak
- Preconf for login screen, metacity, compiz, window theme, backgrounds, cursors, icons, docky and top panel
I like it because it looks like a Mac, but is 100% Linux. It could problay fool Mac users. I realy like it. The only problum I have is that Unity is default. I recomend that the devlopers try to use cinnamon or Mate as they would look better. I would love to try more in the future and I am looking forward for the next release.
Hi I downloaded the file and i did as you said. I chose wobbly window while installation but it is not working. Give me the solution to make it work fine..Thanks in advance..maddy984
I had installed Ubuntu Tweak even before Macbuntu. But it was removed during Macbuntu uninstall. Emacs looks horrible with this theme. Emacs' recentf-mode is not activated for some reason (after the uninstall, recentf-mode works fine). Before install, my theme was Clearlooks. After uninstall, it was something else. Gnome Terminal's custom profiles are deleted... Before install, I had many custom applets on the top panel.. After uninstall, they are all gone. I had added many locations (time zones) .. but they disappeared after uninstall.. I WANT MY SYSTEM AS IT WAS BEFORE Macbuntu !
I don't understand why fork the mac4lin... If there is need to special customization for Ubuntu, why don't you just collaborate to mac4lin instead of forking its idea?
Need to uninstall it.. please send instructions