LumberJack4Logs is a viewer for log and trace files with the ability to extend the recognized data formats by adding text parser plugins.
- Loading log events from binary files (serialized log4j events), xml files (log4j xml format) and text files by parser plugins.
- Loading remote log files via SFTP.
- Merging several log files with simultaneous sorting of the events by timestamp.
- Following multiple log files simultaneously (like a multiple tail -f)
- Filtering log events by level, thread, logger, context, message and timestamp.
- Saving (filtered) log events to binary, xml, text and html files.
It's complex, but once you've gotten the hang of it you are astonished by how powerful it is. The "Analysis views" alone make it worth the download, absolutely recommended for every software developer
An extremely useful tool, when analysing big and complex log files.