LMMS is a free cross-platform software which allows you to produce music with your computer. This covers creating melodies and beats, synthesizing and mixing sounds and arranging samples. You can have fun with your MIDI keyboard and much more – all in a user-friendly and modern interface. Furthermore LMMS comes with many ready-to-use instrument and effect plugins, presets and samples.
- Song-Editor for composing songs
- Beat+Bassline-Editor for creating beats and basslines
- Easy-to-use Piano-Roll for editing patterns and melodies
- FX mixer with 64 FX channels and arbitrary number of effects allow unlimited mixing possibilities
- Many powerful instrument and effect plugins out of the bo
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources
- Compatible with many standards such as SoundFont2, VST(i), LADSPA, GUS Patches, and MIDI
installing on my both laptop Ubuntu and Debian, connecting fine my Yamaha keyboard. as others suggest, midi export would be great feature to develop
Cakewalk pales in comparison to lmms.
Powerful but not amazingly intuitive. Also no MIDI export!? To start, watch a video tutorial then, after getting the basics, check-out the keyboard shortcuts wiki to speed up use! (It really needs to highlight these accelerator keys in tooltips!) No URLs allowed here but keyboard shortcuts wiki for version 0.4 is under "0.4:Key_Mappings". HTH!
nice software look as fl studio :)