Linear Program Solver (LiPS) is an optimization package intended for solving linear, integer and goal programming problems. The main features of the LiPS are:
· LiPS solver is based on the efficient implementation of the modified simplex method;
· LiPS provides not only an answer, but a detailed solution process as a sequence of simplex tables, so you can use it in studying (teaching) linear programming.
· LiPS provides the procedures of sensitivity analysis, which enable us to study the behavior of the model when you change its parameters, including: analysis of changes in the right sides of constraints, analysis of changes in the coefficients of the objective function, the analysis of changes in the column / row of the technology matrix. Such information may be extremely useful in the practical application of LP models.
· LiPS provides the methods of the goal programming, including the lexicographic and weighted GP methods. Goal programming methods are intended for solving multi-objective optimization problems.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any comments and suggestions would be helpful!
*** TROUBLESHOOTING ***
If you cant get LiPS running install the following system updates:
1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en
2. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2
3. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=BA9257CA-337F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E&displaylang=en
Department of Operations Research,
State University of Management (Moscow, Russia)