Roast your own distro with LinuxBBQ! From minimalistic to bloated, we have a load of stuff at the buffet.
- Please visit the official website for further details
- over 40.000 packages in the repositories
- Minimal installation media based on Debian Sid
- Tools to create own Debian Sid-based distribution
- Upgrade Warnings desktop integration
- Brand-new and obscure software added regularly directly from the devs
- All window managers in LinuxLand get their own release
- Many base desktops to start from
- no-X and framebuffer-enabled releases available
- Special editions for scientists, musicians, developers
- Emacspeak release for blind users exclusively created by LinuxBBQ!
- Active, friendly and helpful community
- Community-based editions created regularly
- Excellent documentation: manual (cookbook), Wiki, forums
- Fast, light and responsive base system
- All releases feature systemd
- i686 and amd64 supported
- over 50 terminal apps for daily tasks and CLI games included
- improved hardware support
- All base editions fit a CD, the minimal rescue system fits a 256MB USB stick
- Note: Username: bbq Password: bbq
- For the penetration testing version "Penbang" please visit the developers site at http://sourceforge.net/projects/penbang/?source=directory
- new branch based on Ubuntu 13.10 is now available
LinuxBBQ makes playing with SID fun! In my six-months of usage... has led to severe Beard growth. The excitement and wonderment of discovery reminds me of youthful memories programming a Commodore -64! The grill is a feast indeed!
Thumbs UP the best distribution I have come by during my 10 year or so venture with linux. The creator seems to never sleep while dishin out new spins constantly and the community is top notch. If your looking for any type of distro this place seems to have it. Hell they got rare minimalist, skinniest, sparse, lean, lean & mean, average, ordinary, unique, unique, big, plump, fluffy, bloated. It's all good. I still got ribs on my plate I ain't even touched and I'm full!