New Homepage: http://wummel.github.io/linkchecker/
- recursive and multithreaded checking and site crawling
- output in colored or normal text, HTML, SQL, CSV, XML or a sitemap graph in different formats
- HTTP/1.1, HTTPS, FTP, mailto:, news:, nntp:, Telnet and local file links support
- restrict link checking with regular expression filters for URLs
- proxy support
- username/password authorization for HTTP, FTP
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Link Checker is neither "great", nor "fantastic". Issue 1 It keeps "warning" about tiny differences like h t t p ://w w w.o u r s i t e.com vs h t t p://o u r s i t e .com, even when there are no h t t p://o u r s i t e.com links anywhere in our web site. Issue 2 It keeps "warning" about being unable to check out Adsense scripts, because our robots.txt file supposedly restricts it, even when our robots.t x t file is blank. Issue 3 It keeps "warning" about being unable to check out Google custom search scripts, because our robots.t x t file allegedly poses restrictions, even when our robots.t x t file is blank. Issue 4 It keeps ignoring ALL broken links if they're in the form of "h t t p://w w w. o u r s i t e.com/this-is-one-broken-link.h t m l#apple". Issue 5 It keeps ignoring ALL broken links, if they're in the form of <option value="h t t p://w w w.o u r s i t e.com/this-is-one-broken-link.h t m l">This is one link</option> The price is certainly right. And, at this price, the Link Checker is not a bad product. However, it gives you a FALSE sense of security you do not need.