Lilith 8.0.0 - Release Notes
This version of Lilith requires Java 8 update 66 or higher and will says so
if you try to start it with an older version.
You can still receive event from previous versions so if your application is
still running Java 7 or lower just keep using the 0.9.44 artifacts.
Keep in mind that Java SE 7 End of Public Updates has already been reached.
It contains an important security fix related to deserialization and lots of
small usability enhancements.
- CHANGELOG.md in the spirit of Keep a CHANGELOG.
- Rough TODO.md listing some things that should be done.
- Error dialog if Lilith is started with Java prior to 1.8.0_66.
- Added "Clear view" shortcut Cmd-K. K for clear.
- Added lilith.version.bundle to system properties.
- Displaying release notes of "newzest version" if already available.
- Option to ignore the secondary identifier of event sources, ignoring by
- Requires Java 8.
- left-aligned most table cells.
- Better view icons in Window menu. They now represent the state of the view,
e.g. whether the connection is still alive and if a window of the view is
- Using EventQueue instead of SwingUtilities.
- Using java.time.format instead of SimpleDateFormat or joda-time.
- Renamed "Previous tab" to "Previous view" and "Next tab" to "Next view".
- Changed "Next view" shortcut from Cmd-K to Cmd-J and "Previous view" shortcut
from Cmd-J to Cmd-shift-J.
- Switched "Next view" and "Previous view" in "View" menu.
- Better error message in case of broken detailsView.
- SimpleSendBytesService.DEFAULT_POLL_INTERVALL renamed to
- Removed BufferedOutputStream wrapper in SocketDataOutputStreamFactory.
BufferedOutputStream prevented TimeoutOutputStream from working reliably.
- reconnectionDelay in multiplex appenders is now long instead of int.
- Using Groovy for Lilith logging configuration.
- Recompressed images with latest ImageOptim version.
- Better app icon on Mac. Thanks to Christian Balog!
- Tried to ensure that license dialog is always visible.
- Changed default of "Show primary identifier even for named sources."
preferences to false.
- Enhanced "Open inactive log..." dialog.
- Some HttpStatus enum values have been renamed. Code explicitly using them
would need to be changed.
- TroubleshootingPanel.reset(ViewContainer<?> container)
- joda-time dependency.
- stax-api and stax dependencies.
- Updated HttpStatus enum to RFC 7231, RFC 7232, RFC 7233, RFC 7235 and
RFC 7238. Some enum values have been renamed in the process.
- sulky SafeString is now always printing a Date as an ISO8601-DateTime
with timezone UTC.
- Using "127.0.0.1" instead of "localhost" in SerializingGoToSource to prevent
- Conditions-Focus/Exclude menu of detached windows are now updated on saved
- Preventing useless focus traversal warnings in EventWrapperViewPanel and
- Reduced log level of broken stream message in event producers.
- Fixed initialization of "Attach/Detach" action.
- Fixed statistics in case of Java != 1.6
- Fixed "Focus" and "Exclude" menu tooltips on Mac. Those displayed HTML source
if system menu bar was used.
- Fixed Groovy links in help.
- SLF4J 1.7.13, Logback 1.1.3, Spring 4.2.2, Groovy 2.4.5, commons-codec 1.9,
commons-lang3 3.4, httpclient 4.5.1, httpcore 4.4.4, jackson 2.6.3,
log4j2 2.4.1, aspectj 1.8.7, Thymeleaf 2.1.4, substance 7.3, protobuf 2.6.1,
jcommander 1.48, glazedlists 1.9.1, servlet-api 3.1.0, flying-saucer 9.0.6,
cglib 3.1, rrd4j 2.2.1
- Keep your Java version up-to-date. Lilith now demands the latest Java version.
- Implemented whitelisting of classes allowed for deserialization to circumvent
- Flying Saucer related issues:
- Selection in the HTML view is currently somewhat buggy, especially in
case of scaled view.
- The first line of the message in HTML view is not properly indented if
it starts with whitespace. You can see this effect by examining the event
created by LogPinupLargeRunnable (executed via "Log ASCII").
The HTML created is actually correct.
- Jumping to anchors is currently not supported so the navigation in help
and details view isn't as good as it could be.
- Lilith may hang during startup while creating the preferences dialog.
Just restart Lilith in that rare case.
This is caused by Java bug #6995182 and I can't do anything about it.
Sorry about it.
It's a stupid Java-MediaTracker-ColorChooser-Bug with no workaround
- This release changes detailsView.groovy in a way incompatible with previous
If you switch back to a previous version, you must reset this file. Simply
execute "Preferences" => "Troubleshooting" =>
"Reinitialize details view files." in that case.