LibUsb-Win32 Change Log
V220.127.116.11 (07/02/2011) - SNAPSHOT RELEASE
* Sync transfers which specify a zero (0) timeout are now considered to be
V18.104.22.168 (05/12/2011) - SNAPSHOT RELEASE
* Added device interface registration. This provides identical
functionality to the "DeviceInterfaceGUIDs" supported by WinUSB and
libusbK. A device interface guid can be specified in the .inf file. They
can be used to quickly locate a usb device or set of USB devices using
the setup api as well as device notification registration.
* New IOCTL codes added to for native libusbK/WinUSB compatibility.
NOTE: These IOCTLs are currently used only by libusbK.dll.
* Renamed main header file (usb.h) to lusb0_usb.h. This eliminates
conflicts with the main WDK usb include as well as making the
libusb-win32 header more distinguishable from other usb library header
* Added device descriptor caching and active/first config descriptor
caching. Descriptor caching prevents unnecessary control requests from
interrupting devices that could potentially be in-use. It also makes
libusb0.sys more compliant with usb libraries targeting platform where
descriptor caching is done automatically. (linux/mac)
* Upgraded to libwdi v1.1.1
o Zadig UI improvements
o wdi-simple now handles certificate related operations
o New NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) script sample
o improved INNO Setup script sample
o libusbK support
o autogeneration and self-signing of a .cat file, to prevent further security
prompts during driver installation on Vista and later.
for more information, see http://libwdi-cps.akeo.ie
o disable restore point creation during installation
o Visual Studio 2010 support and overall MS file cleanup
o use of the Kerberos/e2fsprogs parser in Zadig instead of libconfig
* Removed get configuration request from the core driver
set_configuration function. This caused problems with
some non-compliant usb devices.
* Added device descriptor dump to test applications.
* Fixed bug-id 3117686 reported by Tim Schuerewegen.
* Added LIBUSB_IOCTL_GET_OBJECT_NAME. This new IOCTL code retrieves object
from the driver. The only valid object name index is 0. Index 0 is
returns the devices plug and play registry key pathname.
* Removed maximum timeout restriction for vendor class requests.
* Added install-filter-win.exe. A gui installer for device filters.
* Added new libusb0.dll function usb_install_np_rundll(). This function
is designed for rundll32.exe and takes the same parameters as
* Updated install-filter.exe. This application has several new features.
Type "install-filter --help" for more details.
* Updated libusb-win32-devel-filter package. This package is once again
available for download as a setup.exe.
* Updated libusb-win32 "bin" package format. inf-wizard.exe has been moved
up one directory.
* Updated driver_installer_template.iss example. This is an Inno Setup
Script showing how to create your own setup.exe for installing your
application and driver.
* Fixed missing byte order marker in inf-wizard.exe .inf files. (libwdi)
* Fixed auto-configuration issue when there is more than one driver in the
* Fixed BSOD when using the filter driver with devices that are auto
suspended by other drivers in the stack.
* Fixed BSOD for devices with endpoints that have '0' for wMaxPacketSize.
* Fixed BSOD when cancelling large transfers on high speed devices.
* Updated bulk.c to include async i/o example code.
* Fixed usb_install_driver_np() issue with inf-wizard generated infs.
* Fixed inf2cat.exe issue with inf-wizard generated infs.
* Added 'Install Now' feature to inf-wizard. (libwdi)
* Added embedded libusb-win32 binaries to inf-wizard. (libwdi)
* Added libwdi (http://www.libusb.org/wiki/libwdi) to inf-wizard.
* Added get cached configuration request to usb_open(). This is a new
control code that involves no device i/o and allows
usb_set_configuration() to be omitted if the driver has already
* Fixed set_configuration() failure for devices that do not properly
* First signed driver release! The libusb-win32 kernel driver (libusb0.sys)
can now be used on x64 Windows machines that require signed drivers.
* Fixed 2128187 reported by Tim Green. usb_get_descriptor() can fail
because the given buffer of 8 bytes is too small.
* Fixed 2928293 reported by Tim Green. Sometimes the call to
usb_fetch_and_parse_descriptors() in usb_find_devices() can fail. This
patch moves the LIST_ADD to after a successful read of the device's
* Fixed issue causing libusb-win32 to not act as power policy owner
when it should.
* Fixed issue in which on rare occasion, a libusb-win32 filter device could
run as a "normal" device.
* Fixed filter driver issue for device using wudfr.sys.
* Added large transfer splitting to driver (bulk, int, iso). NOTE:
The dll continues to break transfers in the same manner it always has.
* Remove get_configuration() request from usb_open(). This caused claim
interface to fail when used as a filter driver.
* Updated logging functions and standardized log message display format.
* Updated inf-wizard to use the new directory format for the libusb-win32
* Updated package directories to reflect the winddk BUILDARCH env variable.
(i64 := ia64, x64 := amd64)
* Added request to get the current configuration in usb_open().
* Fixed 2960644 (reported by farthen) crash on shutdown with x64 based
systems while using inf files for each libusb device.
* Added additional log message only included in debug/chk builds.
* Updated default log levels to highest verbose level for debug builds.
* Added test signing support to the libusb-win32 make.cmd. This allows
libusb0.sys and libusb0.dll to be signed with a digital signature.
(see make.cmd for mmore details)
* Added MSVC 2008 project files
* Moved version defines to an include file (libusb_version.h)
This file is generated from libusb_version_h.in with "make.cmd makever"
* Removed all "dist" commands from cyg/mingw makefile. Instead use "make.cmd"
in the "ddk_make" directory.
* Fixed filter setup not running in 64bit mode
* Fixed 64bit inf-wizard, testlibusb-win builds
* Added set initial config value #1 when the driver is not a filter.
optionally, the initial configuration value can be specified in the inf
file: HKR,,"InitialConfigValue",0x00010001,<your config value>
* Added support for querying device registry keys
* Added support for querying device properties
* Fixed possible race condition in kernel add_device()
* Updated default ddk build version number to 22.214.171.124 to facilitate
Microsoft WHQL submission.
* Added DDK build distribution system. Official libusb-win32 releases
(after 0.1.12.2) are built using Microsoft's WinDDK. (see make.cmd)
* Fixed 2658937 (reported by Tim Roberts) The libusb-win32 driver always
acts as a power policy owner.