Libhdate, hcal, hdate: version 1.6.02 released
This is a minor release, to comply with debian packaging policy.
Hebrew calendar and solar astronomical times library
Libhdate provides a combined API for three data sets:
* Hebrew calendar information, including holidays,
Torah readings, and date conversions to / from
the gregorian calendar and julian day number.
* General solar astronomical information, eg.
sunrise sunset times for any location on Earth.
* Solar astronomical times of day of interest to
Jewish religious practices.
LibHdate is written in C and includes bindings for pascal, perl,
python, php, ruby.
hcal and hdate are small example command line
programs, written in C.
hcal man page:
hdate man page:
project home pages:
2013-02-22 Boruch Baum <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Libhdate, hcal, hdate: version 1.6 released
LibHdate is a small library for the Hebrew calendar, dates, holidays,
and reading sequence. It is written in C and includes bindings for
pascal, perl, python, php, ruby.
hcal and hdate are small example command line programs, written in C.
This release brings many new options, features, and bug fixes to the two example
programs hcal and hdate. The changes to the underlying function library include
a few minor bug fixes, deprecation of a series of string functions in favor
of a single new one with better memory allocation, and hard-coding of core
elements of the Hebrew localization so that Hebrew can be displayed in all
Some selected highlights:
* config files for storing defaults
* user-defined menus (defined in config file)
* sunset awareness, based on coordinates given or system timezone and guesswork
* optional easier entry of coordinates (N, S, E, W, dd:mm:ss)
* minhag customization for Shabbat times
* Hebrew information in Hebrew characters (for all locales)
* hcal can display in 3-month mode, in color, with footnotes and Shabbat information
* hdate can output data in csv format, suitable for spreadsheets, awk, etc.
* hdate has many format enhancements
2012-01-09 Boruch Baum <email@example.com>