LFA (Linux For All) is based on Ubuntu 16.04, codenamed "Xenial Xerus " and Debian "Jessie" (Debian 8.4). It’s a total rebuild. I.e. nothing is left of the old LFA system.
The system language is ENGLISH.
LFA build 160419 uses ONLY Fluxbox as Window Manager and Cairo-Dock as Desktop Interface.
"Cairo-Dock is designed to be light, fast and customizable, and is desktop-agnostic. It has a powerful DBus interface, to be controlled from a terminal or another application".
My special kernel 4.4.0-19-exton.
INSTALL TO A USB STICK
Read my INSTRUCTION: http://lfa.exton.net/?page_id=14
INSTALL TO HARD DRIVE
You’ll find the installation program under Menu (Cairo-Dock) >> Preferences >> Install LFA. NOTE: You should format your intended installation partition in advance. You can use GParted for that. Be sure to unmount all partitions before you start Ubiquity.
- Based on Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial Xerus" - 64 bit - and Debian "Jessie" (Debian 8.4)
- Fluxbox as Window Manager
- Cairo-Dock as Desktop interface
- Kernel 4.4.0-19-exton
- Google Chrome, GParted, BlueGriffon Web Editor, Synaptic, SMPlayer and PCManFM
- Run from RAM - Copy to RAM - boot alternative 3
- All system changes are PERSISTENT - LFA on a USB Pen Drive
- SMPlayer - all codecs
- All necessary additions in order to install programs from source
- Ubiquity - Ubuntu's Installer
- Google Chrome (for Netflix)
Thank you very much for the wonderful distro and the lots of effort and work you must have put into it. But this is one chap who appreciates it ! Keep it up - the world needs people you !! :))