Cross-platform Java executable wrapper for creating lightweight Windows native EXEs. Provides advanced JRE search, application startup configuration and better user experience.
- Launch4j wraps jars in Windows native executables and allows to run them like a regular Windows program.
- It's possible to wrap applications on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- Also creates launchers for jars and class files without wrapping
- Supports executable jars and dynamic classpath resolution using environment variables and wildcards.
- Doesn't extract the jar from the executable.
- Native pre-JRE splash screen in BMP format shown until the Java application starts.
- Initial priority and single application instance features.
- Works with a bundled JRE or searches for newest Sun or IBM JRE / JDK in given version range and type (64-bit or 32-bit).
- Supports GUI and console apps.
- Supports Windows application manifests.
- Allows to set the initial/max heap size also dynamically in percent of free memory.
- JVM options: set system properties, tweak the garbage collection...
- Runtime JVM options from an .l4j.ini file.
- Runtime command line switches to change the compiled options.
- Access to environment variables, the registry and executable file path through system properties.
- Set environment variables.
- Ability to restart the application based on exit code.
- Custom version information shown by Windows Explorer.
- Digital signing of the executable with sign4j.
- Supports Windows Security Features of the Windows 8 certification kit.
- GUI and command line interface.
- Build integration through an Ant task and a Maven Plugin.
- Lightweight: 35 KB!
- The wrapped program works on Windows only, but Launch4j works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Follow Launch4j Executable Wrapper
Discover HPCC Systems - the truly open source big data solution that allows you to quickly process, analyze and understand large data sets, even data stored in massive, mixed-schema data lakes. Designed by data scientists, HPCC systems is a complete integrated solution from data ingestion and data processing to data delivery. The free online introductory courses and a robust developer community allow you to get started quickly.