Cross-platform Java executable wrapper for creating lightweight Windows native EXEs. Provides advanced JRE search, application startup configuration and better user experience.
- Launch4j wraps jars in Windows native executables and allows to run them like a regular Windows program.
- It's possible to wrap applications on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- Also creates launchers for jars and class files without wrapping
- Supports executable jars and dynamic classpath resolution using environment variables and wildcards.
- Doesn't extract the jar from the executable.
- Native pre-JRE splash screen in BMP format shown until the Java application starts.
- Initial priority and single application instance features.
- Works with a bundled JRE or searches for newest Sun or IBM JRE / JDK in given version range and type (64-bit or 32-bit).
- Supports GUI and console apps.
- Supports Windows application manifests.
- Allows to set the initial/max heap size also dynamically in percent of free memory.
- JVM options: set system properties, tweak the garbage collection...
- Runtime JVM options from an .l4j.ini file.
- Runtime command line switches to change the compiled options.
- Access to environment variables, the registry and executable file path through system properties.
- Set environment variables.
- Ability to restart the application based on exit code.
- Custom version information shown by Windows Explorer.
- Digital signing of the executable with sign4j.
- Supports Windows Security Features of the Windows 8 certification kit.
- GUI and command line interface.
- Build integration through an Ant task and a Maven Plugin.
- Lightweight: 35 KB!
- The wrapped program works on Windows only, but Launch4j works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Follow Launch4j Executable Wrapper
Thousands of businesses and developers around the world use DigitalOcean to easily deploy, manage, and scale applications of any size with less infrastructure friction. Go from one to a thousand virtual servers in seconds. Also, we continue to add hundreds of in-depth tutorials to our documentation library and have an active online community to get the support you need to succeed.