Melon's purpose is to simplify as much as possible the setup of interactive installation (art, cultural, commercial, etc) as much as possible.
It broadcast in OSC 3D pointers. Each pointer can be attached to any of the bone of the skeleton. The interaction area defined for this pointer is attached to another bone of the skeleton, therefore the visitor is free to move in the space defined.
Video tutorial: https://vimeo.com/73297050
Developped by http://www.numediart.org
[!] > requires OpenNI & NITE 1.5
- Calibration of the kinect in the world (position and rotation)
- Interaction areas relative to person size
- Projects saved in XML format, easy to generate or modify manually
- Possibility to reduce GUI to minimum (no left panel and 3D view) - better performance
- Independent skeleton joints smoothing
- Data visualisation of the interactive areas
- Multi users simultaneously
- Multiple detection areas
Very nice Tool! After compiling on Osx 10.7 and 10.9 it works. Amazing tool, thanks for sharing!
the idea is great but doesn't work : - doesn't open on 2.66 quadcore xeon | os x 10.8.3