kchmviewer is a reader for CHM (Winhelp) and EPUB files using Qt toolkit with optional KDE support. The main point of kchmviewer is compatibility with non-English chm files, including most international charsets.
- CHM and EPUB format support
- Standalone viewer, depends on Qt/Webkit only. Optional KDE support
- Tab browsing, built-in search, persistent bookmarks...
- Best multilanguage support; correctly shows non-English chm files, including Cyrillic, Chinese, Japanese and others
- Could be integrated into other apps via DBUS interface
kchmviewer 6.0 in linux works with encodings incorrectly(encoding of text doesn't change when i choose it in program's menu)
The best CHM and EPub viewer on Linux
Great Project, That's what i need!
This program did the hands-down best job of handling the complex chm file that I threw at it. My wish: that there would be not just a rpm file to download at sourceforge, but a deb file, better yet for 64-bit. Otherwise, the Linux Mint repository version is good, just typically lagging behind the version available here.
kchmviewer works nicely