K3b is a highly usable and very userfriendly cd writing program.
- Supports CD, DVD, and Blu-ray burning
- Burn iso, cue, and cdrdao images
- Create audio, data, mixed mode, video cd, video dvd, and emovix projects
- Rip audio CDs to wav, ogg, flac, mp3, and more
- Rip Video DVDs to mpeg4
- Copy CD, DVD, and Blu-ray media 1-to-1
- Copy write protected Video DVDs with libdvdcss<
- CDDB support
- and more...
Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, very hit-and-miss and unreliable. My drive's fine, it works flawlessly with other software including Alcohol 120% and Windows' built-in disk writing, but K3b just isn't reliable enough.
Pretty good but did not work well for me. I was burning mustic for my wife's dance school recital and she wanted a 2-second pause between tracks. K3b clipped off the last 2 seconds of the music on each track! Could not find a fix for this. I ended up using xfburn and she put in the silence "manually" with Wavepad on her Mac. (Why not use ExpressBurn or iTunes on the Mac? Well, we tried it and those CDs ended up with a strange "fuzz" when played on the studio sound system. CDs burned with xfburn on my laptop did not have this. Yup, pretty strange. )
Works, very small, no complaints.
Stable and works.