= About =
JSLint Plugin for Notepad++ Copyright 2010 Martin Vladic.
Based on JSLint by Douglas Crockford (http://www.jslint.com/).
JSLint Copyright 2002 Douglas Crockford.
= Release Notes =
Tested and works with Notepad++ version 5.7+; it also may work with older
= Installation =
Copy JSLintNpp.dll (or JSLintNppA.dll if you are using ANSI version) into your
Notepad++ Plugins folder. You will need to re-start Notepad++ afterward.
= Getting Started =
2. To JSLint your file select menu option
"Plugins - JSLint - JSLint Current File" or press shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+F5.
3. All errors (if such exists) that are found in your file will be displayed in
list in dockable window at the bottom of Notepad++ main window; document is
automatically scrolled at the position of the first found error.
4. Double-click on errors in the list to view them inside document; or you can
press Ctrl+Shift+F8 repeatedly to view errors.
You can play with different JSLint options by choosing
menu option "Plugins - JSLint - JSLint Options".
= Files =
README.txt - This file
JSLintNpp.dll - Unicode version of plugin
JSLintNppA.dll - ANSI version of plugin
= History =
- JSHint download URL changed to
(let's hope this doesn't change in the future).
- Detection of JSHint version number added. It is read from the first line
of source file (let's hope this doesn't change in the future, too).
- JSLint script updated to version from 2013-11-23
- JSHint script updated to version 2.3.0
- JSLint script updated to version from 2012-11-17
- JSHint script updated to version downloaded from www.jshint.com on 2012-11-22
- Bugs fixed:
- "Cannot update to latest jshint (download link returns 404)"
- "Invalid jshint url in about dialog"
- JSHint is now supported (choose between original JSLint and JSHint
in JSLint Options dialog).
- JSLint script updated to version from 2012-04-15
- JSLint script updated to version from 2012-03-15
- Bug fixed:
"Editor caret is lost when the code has no errors/warnings - ID: 3507651"
- JSLint script updated to version from 2012-01-29
- Bug fixed: JSLint plugin crashes in presence of WebEdit plugin
- JSLint script updated to version from 2011-12-21
- Bug fixed: version 0.7.0 doesn't read JSLint options from version 0.6.0
- JSLint plugin now reports unused variables. ("The variables that are
declared in the function that are not used. This may be an indication of
- JSLint script updated to version from 2011-10-11
- JSLint script updated to version from 2011-08-15
- JSLint plugin is now able to handle HTML text and inspect CSS files
- Changes in JSLint Options dialog to reflect changes in updated JSLint script
- New Settings dialog (choose menu option Plugins - JSLint - Settings); here you
can download latest version of JSLint to experiment with newer version of JSLint,
before plugin is updated.
- JSLint script updated to version from 2011-04-28
- JSLint script updated to version from 2011-01-28
- Added context menu in list control
- Easily add predefined globals (Ticket ID 3159082)
- Bug Fixes
- Bug fixes
- List control now supports multiple selection (use Ctrl+A to select all
- Added clipboard copy for the selected lints (use Ctrl+C)
- New option "Predefined (, separated)" added in Options dialog; this
option should be used to specify the names of predefined global variables
- Added toolbar button that opens Options dialog
- JSLint script updated to version from 2010-12-23
- Configuration is now saved in AppData directory (or in whatever
directory is returned by NPPM_GETPLUGINSCONFIGDIR message)
- Memory leaks fixed
- Toolbar added to the JSLint dockable window
- Visibility state of the JSLint dockable window is now preserved after
- Shortcuts changed (to avoid clashes with existing shortcuts of Notepad++)
- Bug fixes
- Initial release